Thoughts & Rants & Style by Lizzi.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Wannado City (pronounced as it sounds: waw-nuh-doo. Like Wanna Do This except in one word: wannado.)

I rushed in the shower this morning at around, mmmm, 9:30 so I could have breakfast before 11 (am). My mom had a conference call at 10am, so I was in charge of taking my brother and sister to breakfast. There is this ahhhhh-dorable little resteraunt called The Soda Shop and ooooooh, is it cute and old-fashioned. We sat at a booth while we watched the waitresses/cooks make our meals. I got an omelet... wasn't the best I've ever had (the cheese was American Cheese, ick). Of course, my brother had to to the bathroom, so we wrapped it up, I GOT TO SIGN THE RECEIPT (EEEE!!), and we rushed out in search of the nearest bathroom. But, I got to sign the receipt! It was fun. Heeee heeeee...

Now, enough with my immature-ness. Wannado City.... interesting name, right? Okay, so it's this town, in a mall and you start off with this check for 150 Wongas (money). There is a bank, modeling studip, Broadway Theatre, Animal Hospital, Fire Department and soooooo much more. You use your money for "grocery shopping" and rides, etc. It's pretty cute and it teaches kids responsibility. You get ,oney for each job you do. And kids can wander off while parents go to the Eagle's Nest Grown-ups Lounge because you can scan the bracelets you receive to find your family. It's pretty awesome. Surprisingly, I didn't act at the Broadway Theatre because it was sort of dumb. Same with the modeling thing. And the Acting Studio was closed. So, I made this awesome chocolate chip cookie, wrote an article for The Miami Harold (local newspaper at Wannado City), and put out a "fire" with my brother. Fun, huh? (lots of sarcasm when I say that)

The weather is so much better. I went to Outback for dinner. Went swimming. Discovered  a huuuuuuuumongous Vogue that I need. It's located in The Soda Shop. 

Right now, we're watching Leatherheads with George Clooney and Renne Zellwegger. 

You know the bad things about vacations? My clean routine goes down the toilet. Especially since hotels don't do laundry and I've had a bunch of chocolate yesterday and today. Also, my razor broke, so I look like a chocolate-y gorilla. Not literally. 

Tomorrow will be busy. I have to wake up, get dresses, go out to The Soda Shop, buy Vogue , get a pedi, surf, and drive three hours and twenty seven minutes to Orlando. Phew.

I'm learning a lot from Leatherheads. 1920s fashion for men: newspaper boy hats and fur coats (faux fur for me please). 1920s fashion for women: cloche hats, bright red lipstick. 

I don't think I'll have a chance to write tomorrow... but, maybe after Disney World on Thursday. 

Catch'a laytah alligaytah! (ohmigosh, there are alligators in Florida! *shiver*)

No comments: