Thoughts & Rants & Style by Lizzi.

Friday, August 22, 2008

Seeing my cats again feels good. So does the sun.

1. I'm hoooooome. I got home 'bout an hour ago, ate three toquitos, fed the cats, hopped on the computer, and started blogging. I have to unpack pretty soon (well, at least before the end of the day)... but, I wanted to make some time to give you summaries of... well... Wednesday, yesterday, and the plane trip. Here goes.

2. Wednesday. My family and I went to the Florida shore. I can't believe how clear the water is! It rained, and stopped, then rain, then stopped, so on. I didn't get sunburned, but my stomach is a little tanner. After that, we went to a nail salon called Nail Port to get a pedicure. I got O.P.I. "Cha-Ching Cherry". It looks pink in some light and in other lights it looks red, cherry red. When my toes were drying, I found my new favorite nail polish color: Orly "Rock Candy". It's sort of iridescent. Then, we drove four hours to Orlando (from Ft. Lauderdale) and went to T.G.I. Friday's for dinner. I got potstickers and a giant brownie for dessert. 

3. Yesterday (Thursday). Disney World!! Yeah, well, it just had to rain (because of Hurricane Fay), so we bought those water proof ponchos and had to wear them everywhere. But, we went sort of early and because of the rain and it being a weekday, there wasn't nearly as many people as a normal day (sunny, weekend, afternoon-ish). So, we got to go on a bunch of rides. I have to say, I like the Splash Mountain better in FL, and The Pirates of the Caribbean was better in Disney Land. They all had slight differences. The rides we went on were...
Pirates
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Railroad (or something)
Haunted Mansion 
Small World
Peter Pan's Flight
Tomorrow Land's Speedway
Buzz Lightear 
Soarin' (best one)
Finding Nemo
We also went to the World Showcase in Epcot and watched a parade and went on The Carousel of Progress and a 4d show called Magic something with Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck. For lunch we went to some place in Tomorrow Land where I got chicken noodle soup, a chocolate chip cookie, french fries, and iced tea. We had to leave at around eight because it started pouring and we were all miserable. We went to Chili's all wet and cold and I ordered a virgin strawberry margarita, salmon with rice and broccoli, and I had some of my mom's salad. 

4. Plane Trip. Can't tell you much... I was sleeping for part of the trip. But, I read half of my giant 798 page Vogue and woke up and put on my seat belt. 

But, now I'm home and perfectly happy with not going to Florida for a couple of years. :-) 

No comments: