Thoughts & Rants & Style by Lizzi.

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Did you miss me?

Sorry, I should've told you. I was in Vermont, so I didn't write. But, I have a lot of news, so be ready.

Wednesday night: drove to Fishkill, NY for 'bout 2 1/2 hours. We brought Twiggy along.

Thursday: drove to Burlington, VT for maybe 4-5 hours. When we got there, we looked around the walking mall thing. My mom and I went to a shoe store called Stella. I was thinking about getting some Oxfords, but my mom insisted I could find them for a less expensive price (they were $97). We also went to Urban Outfitters to look around. I wanted to get something, but my mom said maybe tomorrow.

Friday: Met April Cornell. It was really cool. After, we went to this cute 50s-style diner called Henry's Diner. It looked completely authentic. Retro lighting, seats, photographs, etc. My family decided to split up, so my mom and I went shopping while my dad took my sister and brother to an ecology museum (meant for kids). We started driving home at 2:30ish. On our way, we took our Christmas pics, then we stopped at a little grocery store with Vermont Products. We were hoping to find an apple pie (they are supposed to be delish in Vermont) but it wasn't apple season. We bought maple syrup (real) and Vermont cheddar cheese instead. They had a bunch of cheese samples and they were all good, but the Vermont cheddar was the best.

Today: home. My mom just made French toast, so we could use our maple syrup.

Oh, and by the way, I got some boots from Urban. It was so funny, I was trying on my boots. I went to go look at my new boots in the mirror and left my other boots by the couch. So, this lady picked one of them up and started looking at it and my mom said, "Um, those are my daughter's." The lady started laughing and said, "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I thought they were for sale!!" Anyway, you had to be there.

So, overall, I did have fun. And I admitted it to my parents already (I hate doing that).

I'll post pics later. We took a lot. Today, I have to take a shower and sell things on eBay. Then, I'm going to church at 5pm.

I'll stop.

-LW

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to visit vermont! I want to see the cows and Ben and jerry's!

L said...

i luv vermont except that my annoying cheek pinching great grandma lives there.