Thoughts & Rants & Style by Lizzi.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

California! :-) :-) :-)

I'm going to Cali tomorrow and I can barely contain my joy! But, joy isn't the only thing.... I'm worried and anxious. Especially since I'm not ready and I'm waiting 'til the last minute!

How am I supposed to find Carrie in the airport? What am I going to wear? What if my alarm clock doesn't ring at 5am? What if I forget something... like underwear!? What if I have to sit next to an old fat guy, who smells like smoke and tuna? How am I going to listen to music (ex: The Jonas Brothers) if I lost my iPod!?

Yeah... I lost my iPod and I seriously don't know how I'm going to survive. And I finished The Summer Collection: Kristen the day after I bought it, so I don't know what to read because Claire isn't coming out 'til August. I didn't want anything at the library because nothing was going to keep me satisfied. I wanted to try Gossip Girl or The A-List, but the content was a little old for me (I'll explain later). And some of the books I have wanted to read for a couple of months, the library didn't have. I'll probably read The Clique Series over again. 

My brother started crying this morning when he found out how long I was staying in California, so I promised him I would write him a letter. Now, I have to keep that promise and write him a letter. Ugh! Maybe he will be more satisfied with a phone call...

I've decided that I'll take hip-hop. Reasons why: 1. It's easy and it's the most different from lyrical. 2. Cass has been begging me to take it. 3. It works well with my 'schedule'. 

I'm also thinking about doing lacrosse. It sounds fun, even though it means wearing thick jerseys and guy shorts. 

Movie requests:
Pretty in Pink- Molly Ringwald plays a down-to-earth and smart high-schooler (Andie) who falls in love with a rich high-schooler named Brace, who is way out of her league. She discovers he feels the same way and the two fall in love after their first date. But, will Brace's rich and snobby friends stop him from dating her? Find out in this great '80s classic!
Waitress- Kerry Russell plays Jenna, a waitress at a pie diner. Jenna doesn't live a happy life: she lives with her abusive husband, and is scared to divorce him. Her life gets worse when she finds out she's pregnant when all she wants to do with her life is make pies. Jenna falls in love with her new doctor, Dr. Pomatter. Will her baby help Jenna's life?

Anyway, I just wrote those quickly. The director/writer was murdered in 2006 and plays, Dawn, one of Jenna's friends. Her name is Adrienne Shelly and she was murdered before the movie came out. Her daughter also played Jenna's daughter as a toddler. I thought that was sooooo sad :-(. 

Soooo... yup. I'll try to see if I can post a few things while I'm gone :-)



No comments: